Celebrate Mother's Day the weekend after for a sweet retreat day
including real talk, new friends, nature time, and meaningful connections.
The mother-daughter relationship is one of the most important and complex relationship in our lives. It’s a life long gift. And like most things that shape and grow us, the relationship includes challenges as well… especially during teens years. It's a wild ride to navigate being a teen AND parent in these times, not to be attempted alone!
This retreat is an opportunity to get quality time together, receive support, grow your connection to each other, and become part of a community of teen girls and women. The day will include play, honest conversations, solo time to reflect in nature, time to connect with just moms and just daughters, as well as all together.
} Mother Daughter Retreat }
Daylong for Teens & Mamas
For Teen Girls (9th grade Fall 2018 - 12th grade) & their mamas/caregivers
Sunday May 20th 2018
11am - 3pm
@ private home in Marin, CA
Join us for this special daylong workshop!
Helping girls navigate the complex landscape of being an embodied girl in these times.
Supporting mamas as guides and allies to their daughters and to each other.
Real Talk for teens is...
- fun, meaningful, educational and inspiring
- led in an age and developmentally appropriate way that supports girls to ask honest questions, share experiences, and illuminates the inherent wisdom of the group
- facilitated by skilled non-parent mentor to maintain a welcoming space for all backgrounds and levels of experience
- inclusive of girls and female-bodied youth who are exploring their sexual and gender identity
- using curriculum around "the set up" and "fallbacks" from Marin-based youth advocate Charis Denison
Some questions we may explore:
- How do I cultivate friendships and intimate relationships that are meaningful and supportive?
- How do we have experiences that end in joy without regret?
- How are we influenced by cultural forces of sex, gender, and media?
- What's the connection between how I treat myself and how others treat me?
- What does it really feel like to state my needs? How do I know what I want?
- How do we cultivate intuition and learn to follow our instincts?
Real Talk for mamas is...
- honest, meaningful and always reassuring!
- led in ways that support mamas to ask honest questions, share experiences, and illuminates the inherent wisdom of the group
- supportive of the huge range of experiences and emotions surrounding raising teenagers
- facilitated by skilled guide to maintain a welcoming space for all backgrounds and levels of experience
- inclusive of mamas & caregivers of teens
Some questions we may explore:
- What do teens want? What do they need? And how can we support them?
- How do I cultivate a meaningful relationship with my teen?
- What is my story and how do my experiences reflect in my parenting?
- How are we all influenced by cultural forces of sex, gender, and media?
- What is my role as they become (more) sexually active, risk taking, etc?
- How do I hold and live my various identities and roles, as mama, partner, woman, etc?
In their own words...
"I learned a lot about our culture and how to deal with that, being a woman in today's society. Thank you so much for creating this experience. I don't normally get to talk about things like this, so it was amazing to be able to talk openly and not feel judged. I met new girls (who are all amazing) and because of what you've created I got to hear and learn about other young girls' perspectives and experiences of all sorts. Thank you for that. I've taken away a lot of important things to remember that will help me in the future, and through the rest of my life." - G.W.
"It's nice to see my daughter step outside herself and learn new things about her. It's nice to have dedicated space to just be with her. Thank you for doing a great job "seeing" everyone and holding the space." - Mother-Daughter Mama
Upon submitting this application, you should see a confirmation message. This completes your registration form. If you do note see a confirmation, please email email@example.com