Celebrate Mother's Day with a sweet retreat for you and your daughter!
Including real talk, new friends, nature time, and meaningful connections.
The mother-daughter relationship is one of the most important and complex relationship in our lives. It’s a life long gift. And like most things that shape and grow us, the relationship includes challenges as well… especially during teens years. It's a wild ride to navigate being a teen AND parent in these times, not to be attempted alone!
This retreat is an opportunity to get quality time together, receive support, grow your connection to each other, and become part of a community of teen girls and women. The day will include play, honest conversations, solo time to reflect in nature, time to connect with just moms and just daughters, as well as all together.
} Mother Daughter Retreat }
May 19, 2019
10am - 4:30pm
For Teen Girls (8th grade Fall 2019 - 12th grade) & their mamas/caregivers
$150 Register one mother-daughter pair
$125 "Register Together" Discount (2 mother-daughter pairs register together)
Additional Details TBA
Join us for this special daylong workshop!
Helping girls navigate the complex landscape of being an embodied girl in these times.
Supporting mamas as guides and allies to their daughters and to each other.
Real Talk for teens is...
- fun, meaningful, educational and inspiring
- led in an age and developmentally appropriate way that supports girls to ask honest questions, share experiences, and illuminates the inherent wisdom of the group
- facilitated by skilled non-parent mentor to maintain a welcoming space for all backgrounds and levels of experience
- inclusive of girls and female-bodied youth who are exploring their sexual and gender identity
- using curriculum around "the set up" and "fallbacks" from Marin-based youth advocate Charis Denison
Questions we often explore with teens...
Real Talk for mamas is...
- honest, meaningful and always reassuring!
- led in ways that support mamas to ask honest questions, share experiences, and illuminates the inherent wisdom of the group
- supportive of the huge range of experiences and emotions surrounding raising teenagers
- facilitated by skilled guide to maintain a welcoming space for all backgrounds and levels of experience
- inclusive of mamas & caregivers of teens
Questions we often explore with mamas...
In their own words...
"I learned a lot about our culture and how to deal with that, being a woman in today's society. Thank you so much for creating this experience. I don't normally get to talk about things like this, so it was amazing to be able to talk openly and not feel judged. I met new girls (who are all amazing) and because of what you've created I got to hear and learn about other young girls' perspectives and experiences of all sorts. Thank you for that. I've taken away a lot of important things to remember that will help me in the future, and through the rest of my life." - G.W.
"It's nice to see my daughter step outside herself and learn new things about her. It's nice to have dedicated space to just be with her. Thank you for doing a great job "seeing" everyone and holding the space." - Mother-Daughter Mama
Upon submitting this form, you should see a confirmation message. If you do note see a confirmation, please email email@example.com