} Join us for a Mother Daughter event in the 2019-20 school year }
The mother-daughter relationship is one of the most important and complex relationships in our lives. It’s a life long gift. And like most things that shape and grow us, the relationship includes challenges as well… especially during teens years. It's a wild ride to navigate being a teen AND parent in these times, not to be attempted alone!
Our groups and retreats are opportunities to share quality time together, receive support, grow your connection to each other, and feel part of a real life intergenerational community. Our Real Talk curriculum provides practical wisdom to help girls navigate the complexity of being tweens and teens in these times, as well as decision making tools and space to practice and learn. More about our general teen curriculum can be found here. We help mamas (re)connect with themselves and each other through projects and sharing that parallel the girls process. Formats include all together, mom:daughter, mom:mom, girl:girl, and always include some sort of creative project.
Real Talk for teens is...
- fun, meaningful, educational and inspiring
- led in an age and developmentally appropriate way that supports girls to ask honest questions, share experiences, and illuminates the inherent wisdom of the group
- facilitated by skilled non-parent mentor to maintain a welcoming space for all backgrounds and levels of experience
- inclusive of girls and female-bodied youth who are exploring their sexual and gender identity
- using curriculum around "the set up" and "fallbacks" from Marin-based youth advocate Charis Denison
Questions we often explore with teens...
Real Talk for mamas is...
- honest, meaningful and always reassuring!
- led in ways that support mamas to ask honest questions, share experiences, and illuminates the inherent wisdom of the group
- supportive of the huge range of experiences and emotions surrounding raising teenagers
- facilitated by skilled guide to maintain a welcoming space for all backgrounds and levels of experience
- inclusive of mamas & caregivers of teens
Questions we often explore with mamas...
In their own words...
"I really see the girls being comfortable with who they are. There are not enough spaces for that, it seems. It is a true gift that you offer them with us mothers. Thank you for providing that." - Mother-Daughter Mama